Join acclaimed painter and educator Janice Robertson for a two day workshop on November 17th and 18th at the Kube Gallery in Fort Langley. This workshop deals primarily with starting and developing strong fundamentals in the acrylic medium. Elements covered will include materials, use of palette, brushwork, blocking in, design, layering, colour mixing, and glazing.
Reference photos will be provided and there will be a step by step demonstration to help students paint one or two small paintings. Each student will walk away from our two day experience knowing the wide range of techniques and skills in the creative medium.
To Register for the workshop, please click here.
To reserve a slot, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are honored to host, in partnership with the KUBE gallery, Janice Robertson as our workshop leader. Janice launched her career as a professional artist in 1989. She has received many awards including the Foreign Award in the Houston Watercolor Society’s Exhibition in Texas in 2004, the William and Margaret Foley Award in the Adirondacks National Exhibition of Watercolors in 2008, and she has won the Bronze Medal three times in the Federation of Canadian Artists Annual Signature Members exhibition.
Janice is a signature member of the Federation of Canadian Artists, Landscape Artists International, the Northwest Watercolor Society and Artists for Conservation. She was elected as an Artist in Residence at the annual Painters at Painters event in Campbell River BC in 2004. Janice served as President of the Federation of Canadian Artists from 1999 to 2001. She is listed in Who’s Who in Canada and her paintings are in collections through the world. She is also a popular and well- respected workshop instructor and juror.
Janice’s work is largely a reflection of her abiding love for the beauty of the west coast forests and beaches that she has known all her life. Her attachment to her home and garden are represented in her still- life paintings. She works in acrylic, watercolor and oil.
Workshop Materials List
- Artist quality acrylic paints [Golden heavy bodied]: titanium white, ultramarine blue, phathlo blue, hansa yellow medium, quinacridone red.
- Golden Acrylic Glazing liquid – provided
- Chalk – provided
- Synthetic brushes: one 1 1/2 “good quality angled house painting brush, flat brushes in 1“, 1/2” and 1/4 “, plus one small round brush [#2]
- 2 canvases – 11 x 14” or 12 x 16”
- Sketch book- any size but small is fine
- Spray bottle for water
- Plastic or glass container with sides for your palette – minimum size 12 x 12”
- Paper towels, large water container, apron or paint shirt