June 8th – 9th, 2019 | @ The KUBE Gallery | 10:00 AM to 3:30 PM
Price of the workshop includes the General Services Tax | $250.00 + 12.50 | Click Here to Register Online
This workshop will focus on creating memorable landscapes with emotion resonance to the audience. This will be a two day intensive workshop, however it is open to all skill levels. Janice, our instructor is a experienced art educator she is listed in Who’s Who in Canada and her paintings are in collections through the world.
Janice is a signature member of the Federation of Canadian Artists, Landscape Artists International, the Northwest Watercolor Society and Artists for Conservation. She was elected as an Artist in Residence at the annual Painters at Painters event in Campbell River BC in 2004. Janice served as President of the Federation of Canadian Artists from 1999 to 2001. She is listed in Who’s Who in Canada and her paintings are in collections through the world. She is also a popular and well- respected workshop instructor and juror.
Janice’s work is largely a reflection of her abiding love for the beauty of the west coast forests and beaches that she has known all her life. Her attachment to her home and garden are represented in her still- life paintings. She works in acrylic, watercolor and oil.
Art Supply List:
(this list is suggested only - bring the supplies that you usually use)
- Small sketch book and pencil
- Reference photos will be supplied or bring your own
- Several canvases or prepared boards [ 9 x 12, 11 x 14, 12 x 16 or larger if you prefer]
- synthetic brushes [not hog's hair] in a variety of sizes- round and flat
- acrylic paint
- medium- acrylic glazing liquid [Golden brand - I like the gloss one]
- spray bottle for water
- tray or palette for mixing paint
- plastic wrap or plastic bag to cover your paints
- bucket for water
- tissues and paper towels
- apron or shirt to protect your clothes
Basic suggested colors:
- Titanium white
- Hansa yellow medium
- Quinacridone red
- Pthalo blue- green shade
- Ultramarine or cobalt blue
- Quinacridone nickel azo gold – this color is essential!
- Mars black
- Cad yellow dark
- Pyrrole red
- Green gold
- Quinacridone burnt orange
- other than quinacridone nickel azo gold, you don’t have to have specific colors, as long as you have a good selection of primary colors [red, blue, yellow] and black and white.
Call or email Janice if you have any questions about the class:
(604) 888 2230